Pages

Sunday 26 December 2010

Fame

I suppose I've always known that being the only Entlebucher in London would come with a certain level of responsibility. What I didn't expect however, was the fame and recognition that comes with being the cutest pup on the block.

My humans who've lived in London some ten years now are amazed with the amount of strangers that come up and talk to them when I'm around. This Christmas weekend for example, I took my extended human pack out for a walk and as I was showing them how to stop and sit before you cross a road safely, I hear an excited voice from behind us. 'Oh, is that Alfie the Entlebucher?' Of course I didn't need any more encouragement than that before I rushed to happily accept her cuddles, but my humans were left a little confused. Turns out the other human had met us a couple of weeks ago and not only remembered my name but also the Entlebucher breed. In fact, she had been so curious about my breed that she had looked it up on the internet. I wonder if she found my blog?

Then, on Christmas day, we were out for another pack walk and as I was busy sniffing for news on a lamp post, someone knocked on the window from the inside of a nearby house. The person called for all the other humans inside the house and they all turn up looking at us through the window, smiling and waving in the middle of their Christmas preparations.

I could go on, but this sort of thing happens all the time. I've though about printing some business cards or maybe an info leaflet about us Entlebuchers, but then I'd need some sort of bag to carry them around and that would be very un-mountain dog like.



1 comment:

  1. Wow Alfie, that story brought a very big smile to my face.....!
    Merry Christmas to you and all of your extended pack!!!

    ReplyDelete