Pages

Friday 3 December 2010

Week two in London

Its a good thing I have two humans looking after me. I think the strain of trying to keep up with me and my human training regime is starting to wear them out. They have divided night and day into shifts and still they look sleepy most of the time. It must be because they only have two little legs each, apparently that is not enough to keep up with a dog my size. I'm not worried though, if my estimates are right I will have them in tip top shape by spring, just in time for when I'm big enough for longer walks.

Now that I am nearly ten weeks old my humans have decided its time we went to school. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I'm already a fully trained and qualified Dog and they could go to school on their own, so I went along for the ride to Hammersmith Dog Training Club. I was the youngest dog there and I think my humans were really proud of how I presented myself. I have practiced my howling for quite some time and I managed to turn everyone's heads with a particularly high pitched tune that I'm especially proud of. The other dogs looked suitably envious of my perfect pitch, and all the human heads were turned in our direction.

Then the training began. We were given new training leads, which was a relief as I was really embarrassed about my cute, but quite silly looking puppy lead. But then for some reason they sprayed them with anti chew spray that tasted so nasty it made my tongue curl. Luckily I was distracted by one of the teacher assistants who borrowed me to show the class how to teach a 'sit' and 'down' without the use of any words.

Apart from the anti chew spray it sounded like the teacher really knew her stuff. She told the humans that they all spend too much time talking to their dogs, and give us too much attention. Apparently that makes us less likely to follow orders as we reap the reward anyway. She even told one of my humans off for praising me when in actual fact I had done nothing at all. She had a point there, humans DO talk a lot, although the real truth is of course that we get bored with all their blabbering and its difficult to pick out the essential stuff so it would be nice if they could stay quiet every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment