Pages

Sunday 7 November 2010

First Visit

Hi I'm Alfie, welcome to my blog!

I met my humans for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The funny thing is, they still don't know who I am but I managed to get a good look (and sniff!) at them!

The dog adoption process is a bit complicated, but my mum Queenie explained h
ow it all works.

Firstly, if a human would like to adopt one of us they first have to talk to our breeder Kristina. She is really quite tough asking all sorts of questions to make sure the humans
are capable of looking after not just a cute little puppy, but also a boisterous adult Entlebucher dog. I asked if she also found out about important things like what the humans usually have for dinner and how many toys they own, but my mum just shook her head in response to that so I guess we'll all have to find out when we move into our new homes.

If the humans go through that stage, then they are allowed to come and play with us. That's when we get a chance to test the humans to see who's more likely to spend the days watching TV and who likes long walks in the park. Its a bit like a dating agency where we try and find our best match by cuddling, chewing and sniffing them for as much information as possible.
As you can see from the photos we were so exhausted after our first meeting that we had to refuel and nap to regain our strength.

Now its up to our mum Queenie and Kristina to decide which puppy goes to what family. Of course us puppies have a say too, but when they asked us we all picked the family who brought the most sweets and toys so apparently our vote doesn't count. I'm a little bit nervous about moving away from my mum and litter mates, but I trust my mum will find me a nice new home with people who love me just as much as she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment