Pages

Friday 28 January 2011

Lost Property

As a puppy, it can sometimes be a little daunting to stand your ground against your much bigger humans. For example, it seems they believe they have the right to all your property at any given time, and sometimes they will even snatch things from your mouth. I'm not only referring to our toys, collars and chewbones but especially property found and claimed outside the home. They say some things could be dangerous to puppies as we might swallow them and get hurt. Fair enough, but then I want all my stuff back when I've grown up!

Just to make sure nothing is forgotten about, here's a complete list of all the things I've picked up from the ground to date - they are easy to recognize as I've marked them with my teeth. I fully expect them all to be stored safely and returned to me in mint condition when I come of age:

3 x Orange peels
3 x Socks - various colours and sizes
1 x Glove - smells of hot dog
2x Children's mitts

1 x Kitchen sink plug, muddy
15 x small assorted stones
23 x Pieces of brick, various sizes
125 x Sticks, assorted flavours

74 x Leaves, mostly the crispy dry kind that crumbles into a hundred pieces on the floor
14 x Snails, or rather empty shells that crunch when you eat them
2 x Chewing gum
5 x Tissue, used
4 x Crisp bags (I will know if anything is missing from inside)

1 x Sanitary towel (used) - actually, maybe just bin this one its a bit gross...
4 x Pieces of plastic
5 x Plastic cutlery - Marks and Spencers ready made meal flavour
4 x Medium sized apples
1 x Tennis ball (muddy)
1 x Ball on a rope (another dog's)
1 x Christmas bauble (silver)
2 x Banana peel, nice and brown

1 x Chicken drumstick - not much meat left but it smelled yummy
1 x Poo bag (unused)
1 x Tea light
45 x Cigarette butts
14 x Packets of cigarettes (empty)


1 comment:

  1. My, Alfie! I wish I had such a terrific memory!!!
    And I'm very impressed to see how busy you've been!
    Smart move, to keep a checklist - if only to make sure that your humans appreciate your hard work!!

    ReplyDelete