Pages

Sunday 13 February 2011

Entertainment

I believe a good dog should be able to find his own entertainment wherever he goes without having to ask his humans for toys all the time. Yesterday for example, I went with my humans to the pub. They were meeting some human friends there and their friends had brought their human puppies along as well. I was really looking forward to playing with the other puppies but it didn't turn out quite like that. The human puppies got a lot of attention, one of them was allowed to sit in a chair and had his own glass with a straw, and the other was sleeping in a rather comfy looking buggy. I had to make do with a pig's ear underneath the table and drink from the communal dog bowl. I was very disappointed and a little jealous.

After a while I got bored and sensed an interesting smell from the other side of the table. I could see something wiggling a little and of course I had to go investigate. I crawled between the humans' feet, quiet as a mouse and reached the source of the smell. It was the youngest of the human puppies, looking down at me from his buggy and bouncing his little feet up and down. It looked a little like a dog's play bow so I thought he might be inviting me to a round of the sock game so I progressed in pulling his little socks off one by one. They were so tiny
they could barely count as socks but I had nothing better to do so I stole them from the little cub.

The rules of the sock game then suggests that the owner of the socks should chase me, but as I held his little socks in my mouth, he just looked at me again and kicked his little feet higher this time. I'd never met anyone who doesn't know the rules of the sock game before so I was a little confused and thought about chewing the socks instead.

But the smell from his feet was irresistible, so I just had to give his toes a lick first. He must have liked that because he giggled and bounced his feet higher and higher, and I leaned in to get a better reach. It was a good game but eventually the giggling tipped off the big humans and the socks went back on again and I had to return to my pigs ear.

Next time we go to the pub I will demand to have my own buggy, or at least a blanket to lie on. Needless to say I will also need my own water bowl, they can fill it up with some of that stuff the humans call beer. It smells lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment