Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

The battle of the sofa

As a cattle herding dog I feel very
comfy on a cow hide.
My humans have decided that I'm old and well behaved enough to come into the living room now. Of course I'm taking full advantage of the situation, being a bit poorly and all. Yesterday evening for example, I spotted one of my humans snuggling up in the sofa with a cosy blanket. I was quite happy on the cow hide on the floor, but then a thought struck me - she would be so much more comfortable with a warm Entlebucher on top of her. How could I make this happen without getting into trouble I wondered. They had clearly told me I'm not allowed in the sofa so I had to come up with a cunning plan.

I pretended to be asleep, I even snored a little and waited patiently until her eyes were completely focused on the TV. Then I slowly crawled up to the sofa, checked my positions and then quickly jumped straight up. I slammed down my front paws on her chest, efficiently pinning her arms down under the blanket. Using my tongue as further distraction I licked her face all over whilst cunningly sliding my hind legs up over the edge of the sofa. Then as she was screaming and giggling something that sounded a little like my name, whilst trying to get out from underneath the blanket it was easy to roll across her body and wedging myself in between her and the soft cushions.
Don't be fooled, its all part of the plan!

It was even better than I expected, the sofa was so nice and warm and you get a perfect view of the whole room from up there. I could sense that my human liked having me there too and she stroked me a few times and very nearly gave in before putting me back onto the floor. I don't count this as a lost battle, its progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment