Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Poorly

I'm feeling a little under the weather at the moment. My humans thought my eyes had turned quite red and they took me to the vets to get me checked out. The vet took one look at me and called for the nurse assistant immediately. Apparently I had made quite an impression last time when they took the blood test for my passport and the vet anticipated a struggle with the examination.

Just to make a point I held perfectly still while they prodded me, took my temperature and poured yellow greenish stuff into my eyes to see if they were scratched. Turns out I have an infection of some sort, my glands were swollen, my eyes really dry and red and my temperature soaring around 40 degrees. I guess that's why I've been a bit sleepy lately. My human felt really guilty for taking me on a long walk just before and not realizing I was ill but the vet reassured her its really difficult to notice if  a very active dog is ill as we go from super active to just active, whereas you spot these things more easily with lazy dogs.

Green stuff in my eyes and coming out of my nose!
I got antibiotics and anti inflammatory injections and eye drops for my humans to apply for a couple of days. I also get to be lazy for some time as the vet didn't think I should exercise too much until my temperature is down. I think I can work this in my favour as the humans are feeling very guilty at the moment. I wonder what flavour ice cream I should ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Poor Alfie, I'm so very sorry!!!!
    I hope you'll start feeling better really really soon!
    And your humans as well.... wish they wouldn't feel bad though, I know they are taking care of you in the best possible way! (still, I'd say: see how far you can get with the ice cream project!!)

    ReplyDelete