Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

Bright, white smile

Today I've been rolled around in mud, chewed on, tumbled through the air and chased across a football field. All in all it could have been a great experience but if you have two adult dogs chasing you with their very sharp teeth visible its not so much fun anymore. I think I did it all right, I squealed, put my tail between my legs and rolled over on my back and still they didn't back off until the humans interrupted. I can only assume that they don't share the same sense of humour as us Entlebuchers and I must have insulted them when I play bowed for a spot of chase game.

On our way home, we were waiting for the bus by the edge of the park and a tiny little human was running up and down around the bus stop. His parents didn't say anything so I took it upon myself to tell the little one to calm down and not run near the traffic. He got a little scared when I barked so my human had to translate that I meant well and probably wanted to play with him. The little one was transfixed with me and didn't take his eyes off me for as long as we were on the bus. He kept asking his mum questions about puppies and as he saw me wolfing down the sausage treats I get as a bribe to stay calm, he turned around and asked my human a very honest and serious question - are you sure he is not a shark? All the adult humans started giggling but I simply lolled my tongue out and blinded the kid with my shiny white new teeth in a wide dog smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment