Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Humiliation

I'm five months old this week - that means I'm halfway through what humans call the 'brat stage' where apparently puppies are testing their humans limits and try to become top dog, chew everything they can get their teeth into and start experiencing hormonal changes.

So far I've noticed my puppy teeth falling out and being replaced by bigger and better ones. My humans were worried I'd turn on their furniture, but I prefer frozen carrots as it soothes my sore gums.

Then its the matter of top dog. This is not really an issue in our household as I've already settled that particular point the day I moved in. The humans do as I say, most of the time anyway. They are still in training, bless them.

That leaves hormonal changes. Today on our way to the park my human s
aid I was bouncing around like a crazy rabbit, sniffing on anything that might have been touched by another dog. I just can't seem to help myself, the dog gossip is so interesting now all of a sudden and one sniff on a lamp post tells you everything about the dogs that have been there before me. And there are some really cute bitches living in our area, which is why I'm always in a hurry to the park.

The park was really busy today, full of school children, runners and the usual crowd. I found a new friend, a small terrier who looked really friendly and seemed up for a game of chase. We were running around, up and down the length of the park and I was just going to cut into his way when all of a sudden I feel two strong paws grabbing me from behind. The little terrier had sneaked up and mounted me in the split second I turned my attention away! Then began the humping, and oh the embarrassment. I tried to twist and turn but he was stuck on my back and I couldn't shake him off. It was excruciating and didn't stop until the tw
o giggling humans lifted the other dog off.

Then, as if it couldn't get any worse, a labrador owner shouts across the park 'is that bitch on heat?', referring to me as he quickly put his dog on the lead. The terrier's human and I were equally embarrassed. She had to explain why her dog had turned on another dog and I'm absolutely sure its ruined all my chances of ever finding a girlfriend in the park. I threw up twice on my way home and promised myself to never, ever trust a terrier again...


1 comment:

  1. Dear Alfie, I'm so sorry you had to endure this stupid action, and from a terrier, no less!!
    And I promise I'll never laugh at this story, no matter how often I read it...
    (Well, not out loud, anyway ;-))

    ReplyDelete