Pages

Thursday 31 March 2011

The size of cows

As an Entlebucher Mountain dog I'm supposed to be prepared and ready for for cattle herding. I've always thought that sounded really cool, and its the kind of thing I sometimes brag about in the park to the other pups. Most of them have been bred as lapdogs, scent dogs or gun dogs and they are always suitably impressed when I say I could herd cattle if only we lived on the country side. The only problem is that noone has ever told me exactly how big cows can get!

My humans took me to the butchers yesterday and I was really quite excited about going there as I know thats where my marrow bones come from. But outside their shop was a giant cow! I am of course ready to protect my human from any danger and went about barking at the creature as loud as I could without getting too close. I tried coming at it from different angles, and was almost brave enough to go up and sniff it - but whatever I tried it didn't move an inch.

I think I might need to practice my herding technique, or perhaps just give up my hopes on a career as a cattle herding dog altogether. Luckily, there aren't that many cows in London to herd anyway...

Not getting too close...

1 comment:

  1. Man those city cows are stubborn. Don't give up - you'll herd it.

    ReplyDelete